Friday, May 04, 2007

My vote counted, did yours?

Well there is nothing like being proved right for a change. Yesterday I posted an article telling everyone to vote because every vote matters.

Well in my district area their were two candidates and the winner won by one vote and even better I voted for the winner. It wasn't a small turn out either around 1400 people voted, so if you were in my area and didn't vote shame on you because your vote would have counted.

Every vote matters which I have now proved. So next time make sure you vote you never know when your vote might matter.

Of course over all the vote doesn't make any different to the overall control of the council, like most Oxfordshire councils it remains a Tory bastion.

When I say bastion I mean the strongest ever castle you have ever seen with 1 mile thick walls an impenetrable energy shield and an army numbering the population of China. Any general that has ever looked upon this castle suddenly remembers they left the oven on at home, I'm talking that kind of Tory stronghold.

No comments: