Sunday, February 04, 2007

West Wing Quotes

I found the imdb quotes page for the West Wing by Aaron Sorkin. I should mention that the internet movie database which I would think most people have found by now is a fantastic encyclopaedic reference site for anything film or tv related.

Anyway here are a few of my favourite quotes:

[Charlie seeks and obtains the President's permission to date his daughter]
President Josiah Bartlet: Just remember these two things: she's nineteen years old, and the 82nd Airborne works for me.


Charlie is the young bagman to the president for those that have never caught the show.

[the President neglected a formality transferring executive power before going into surgery]
Margaret: Can I just say something for the future? *I* can sign the president's name. I've got his signature down pretty good.
Leo McGarry: You can sign the president's name?
Margaret: Yeah.
Leo McGarry: On a document removing him from power and giving it to someone else?
Margaret: Yeah. Or do you think the White House Counsel would say that's a bad idea?
Leo McGarry: I think the White House Counsel would say that's a Coup D'Etat.
Margaret: I'd probably end up doing some time for that.
Leo McGarry: I would think. And what the hell are you doing practicing the president's signature?
Margaret: It's just for fun.
Leo McGarry: We've got separation of powers, checks and balances, and Margaret, vetoing things and sending them back to the hill.


Leo McGarry is Chief of Staff and Margaret is his secretary.

Sam Seaborn: Toby, do you really think it's a good idea to invite people to dinner and then to tell them exactly what they're doing wrong with their lives?
Toby Ziegler: Absolutely, otherwise it's just a waste of food.


Sam and Toby are the speech writers

Mandy Hampton: You guys are idiots, did you know that?
C.J. Cregg: You know, in our defense, we actually did know that.


CJ Cregg is the fantastic Press Secretary, can't remember who Mandy Hampton was.

I could go on, as there literally are 100's of quotes on the page.

I have to say it is difficult to pick favourite characters from the show as they are all damn good actors but I would also like to give special mention to the character Donna Moss who is not mentioned here, I could fall in love very easily with a girl like her.

No comments: