Thursday, January 25, 2007

Snow Watch 2007 Update


Well the snow came overnight on the 23/24 January. On Wednesday morning I woke up to about a 1/2 inch of snow. It was lovely powdery stuff as I walked towards another day.

Most of the main roads were clear and traffic was flowing pretty much as normal although obviously some people decided they would rather stay at home. Untreated roads looked a bit dodgy.

The only sad thing is that I did not get to walk around while the snow flakes were actually falling, that is such a magical thing.




I was up early before dawn heading for a busy day. Sadly one of my infrequent 12 hour days so I did not get to see any more of the snow, by evening it was well on the way to water, ice and slush although there is the odd lingering patch still around today.

No comments: