Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Snow Watch 2007 Update

*** Newsflash***

Dateline 22 January 2007. Time 10.55 pm

I am reporting to you almost live from Northern Oxfordshire where locals have been witnessing what can only be described as a shake of snow. A passing cloud deposited this wintry present so quickly that several people blinked and missed it.

Here is what one local said:

" I have never seen the like, snow in January that will be global warming"


I also spoke to this old gentleman

" Call that snow, in my day it would be six foot deep by now."


(on screen image of six foot snow drift with caption "reconstruction")

This is I am Snow, Northern Oxfordshire, getting colder by the minute, I think my foot has frozen, back to Jon in the studio.

(No news reporters were hurt in this sketch but the shake of snow was real)

Dictionary definition: (my own)

A shake of snow: a sparse ground covering of snow similar to the effect of sieving icing sugar onto a Victoria sandwich.

No comments: