Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Extreme Warning!! Randomness within - 'Bus Topping'

In one of the James Bond movies they have a character called 'odd job', in a similar vein just call me 'random tangent'.

Whilst sitting on a rather old double decker bus at the back of the lower deck gazing into the middle distance somebody rang the bell. The sign which usually saying 'Bus Stopping' flashed on. The curious thing (OK it was a dull day) was that one of the bright orange upright support bars was blocking my view of the 'S' so what I could actually read is 'Bus topping'.

'Bus topping' almost sounds real. Topping in the UK means killing someone. Was the bus about to be brutally murdered in the street. Was the bus I was on about to go on some brutal bus killing streak plus how exactly do you kill a bus, I have heard of elephant guns but is there such a thing as a bus gun.

Can you hire a killer to do some bus topping. Can you pop into a smoky bar and tell some bloke that a bus 'did you wrong' and you 'want him taught a lesson he wont forget'. Obviously you would have to talk in an east end accent to do the job right just like in all the best movies.

Of course the other reason the sign could say 'bus topping' is that the sign was a question thought on what desert topping you might have with a bus. Do you have custard, ice cream, cream, or chocolate sauce? It certainly had me pondering what kind of topping you could have with a bus on my journey.

Then I woke up and decided I really shouldn't be eating cheese as a midnight snack or I suddenly realised that the rubber seals between me and the engine were faulty and I was beginning to hallucinate.

A psychologist could get a really good Phd out of me.

Buses - How do you eat yours?

No comments: